Dec 25, 2011

Lady Gaga’s nude sketch sold for $30,000

Pop star Lady Gaga’s nude sketch made by Tony Bennett went under the hammer online and fetched USD 30,000.

The sketch was done as part of a cover story and layout of Vanity Fair’s January issue. Signed as Bennett’s real last name ‘Benedetto’, the piece depicts Gaga’s pose when she did a photo shoot with famed photographer Annie Leibovitz, reported Aceshowbiz.

“I walked in and said, ‘Well, Tony, here we are,’ and I dropped my robe and I got into position. I felt shy and thought, ‘It’s Tony Bennett. Why am I naked?,” Gaga said in a TV interview.

The charcoal-on-paper artwork was one of the items related to Gaga that were sold on eBay charity auction.

Other items put up for auction was an autographed poster of the Vanity Fair cover featuring Gaga and some of the accessories she wore during the shoot.

Bennett’s organization Exploring the Arts and Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Grants for single moms