Aug 25, 2011

Lady Gaga: "I'm married to loneliness"

She’s idolized by fans all over the world, but Lady Gaga believes she will always be lonely – because isolation is what drives her to be successful.

The 25-year old singer has been showered with awards and accolades following her arrival on the word stage in 2008 with debut album "The Fame" – the record that sparked her 69-date "Fame Ball" world tour.

And Gaga – who has since completed a second, larger tour of the globe with the 214-date "Monster’s Ball" – insists that solitude comes with the territory whenever she is on the road.

“Yes, but I am supposed to be, I am an artist,” she told Asia’s Star TV when asked if touring made her lonely, adding: “We wallow in loneliness and solitude our whole lives in search of the answer to hundreds and millions of questions that run through my mind. Yes, I’m lonely, but I’m married to my loneliness.”

The singer – whose stop-start relationship with drummer Luc Carl is said to be back on – also admitted that work comes before romance.

“I would chose my work,” she said. “I would die without it and I could never be reborn.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Grants for single moms