Nov 27, 2011

Lady Gaga thanks schoolboy for anti-bullying efforts

Gaga has thanked a Canadian schoolboy for his anti-bullying efforts – with a personalised video email.
Lady Gaga personally emailed Jacques St Pierre, 17, after he organised a school assembly with an anti-bullying theme at the Etobicoke School of the Arts in Toronto.

He sent out dozens of emails to celebrities asking for their support and was shocked to get a personal response from the lady herself.
She said on the message:
 I just wanted to tell you how proud I am of you for being such a strong advocate of the LGBT community in your school. There should be more little monsters like you.
St Pierre told a local TV show:
I got called the gay kid, the fag, because I liked to be in the school plays. I lost my best friend because he joined in with the bullies. It’s not fun, I’ve been there, I’ve been bullied. Before that, I didn’t know bullying could affect people so severely. No questions asked, Lady GaGa sent us a video. I watched it, and I started crying. I’m a huge fan. It’s kind of embarrassing because I love her so much. I couldn’t believe it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Grants for single moms